Sunday, January 13, 2008

"Be My Everything"

It has been 24 hours since we took Mark to the airport and already Cole has cried for dad at least three times, Parker said watching football without him is not the same, and I just need a good laugh!(which Mark is always good for) As most of you know Mark is a caddy for Paul Stankowski so it is that time again! We have enjoyed the last three months of Mark being home, but the time has come for him to start on the tour again. We have truly been blessed by this opportunity so as you continue to read this know that I am just being real with how it can get hard around here without dad!

Last Wednesday at Venture we sang "Be My Everything", a song I have truly come to love and claim as my own! As many of you who have husbands that travel often can relate, it gets hard being both mom and dad at times. Sometimes you just want to have someone to back you up, get one of the kids out of the car, or another hand at bedtime. Mark has always been able to make me smile just by walking into the room, so having the person gone that makes me a better person gets rough. So when I feel as though I can't take another day I am reminded that He is enough! He is the ultimate ear to listen, shoulder to cry on, and wants to fill you up when you are empty!

So I guess I just wanted to encourage those of you that find yourself in these shoes more than you wish, to allow Him to "Be Your Everything"!

6 comments:

Kristyn said...

Love that song too! What a great word. Jason was just gone this weekend, and it's so hard for me not to get in the mindset that I can just do it all on my own...that I can just rely on my own strentgh!!

Them Chandlers said...

I had a dream last night that Matt, the kids and I were at family camp and in the middle of it he told me he had to go to California. In my dream, I bawled my eyes out. I think some of my dream came from thinking about you (and the fact that Matt is out of town until Tuesday and then headed for HK for a while after that). Anyway...I don't believe it's a coincidence that you posted this! I love you!

Jennifer said...

Hey girl, I hear you! It is tough with Jason gone so much. We got used to him being around a lot over the holidays, so it has been an adjustment having him back out on the road. I am not a blogger, but came across your blog. I'm so glad I did. Great encouragement!!! Love you, and hope to see you soon.

Kathleen said...

Amen Bark! He is our everything! During the last 48 hours, I have had Sarah at the ER downtown (25 miles away one way). We got substandard care on Tuesday night to the tune of $150 copay. Sarah came down with a virus Sunday. After throwing up for 2 1/2 days keeping nothing down, and blood sugars climbing with nothing working to bring it down, I took her to Kosair Children's ER. They did nothing to bring down her blood sugar. All they did was, are you ready??!!!, give her a POPCICLE! Of all the moronic things to do - give a child with a blood sugar 350+ a popcicle.

The ER doc called her endrochrinologist, and we were once again dismissed. So I took her home, gave her some insulin and put her to bed.

The next moring she was a little high, but by 9:00 she was over 400. She couldn't even keep down fluids. I was so angry at the doctors and nurses, and God. I knew that I could not scream "I hate diabetes!!" loud enough enough for God to hear. I just had a very bad day.

I took her to the ER again, only after our pediatrician encouraging me to go down again, but this time to insist Sarah be admitted. I did just that. They tried to send us home again, and I said "no, she will be admitted".

Sarah's blood sugar almost hit 500 by the time she was put in a room. Then, God heard my cries. Her blood sugar very slowly came down and by 3:00 a.m. it was 181. God also made sure that when the nurse came in to give Sarah her Lantus (24 hour insulin) and her Humalog (1 hour insulin) I saw 2 syringes. I had always mixed the 2. Guess what? You are not supposed to mix the 2!!! No one told me not to do that. Not the doctor or pharmacist. That has been a contributing factor to her high blood sugars. When the 2 are mixed, their effectivness decreases tremendously. Had I not insisted on Sarah being admitted, we would not have known that and she would have continued to get worse.

I feel your pain cousin! I know exactly what it's like caring for 3 kids alone. I don't know if it was harder when they were younger or now. Gerald Thomas can be a great help, but being a teen, he can also be more of a problem. I must say, he has been more helpful the last couple of months.

I love you! Give my boys hugs and kisses for me and give Mark my love the next time you talk to him. Feel free to call and vent any time you need it.

a likens said...

Just found your blog... About time!

Leanne said...

Found your blog through a another's. Even though the circumstance is different, I really needed to read this. He is everything. Even when you feel lonely and overwhelmed, He is all you need. Thank you.

The Fam 2007

The Fam 2007
Me and my Boys